Thursday, September 21, 2006

Paternity Test

Last night after I arrived home from church, I had a message from our social worker. She asked that I call her at home.(yes, I panicked!) Turns out the paternity test results came back, and R is Hazel's biological father. The SW is unsure of whether visits will start this month or if we can hold off on them until after the judge hears this case next month. They are ready to introduce R to Hazel even if Hazel is not at a place where she is ready to be introduced.

Today I as I have tried to begin to process this week, I realize that my relationship with God is about to go deeper. Honestly this scares me! Going deeper with God usually involves a lot of pain. The outcome is a good thing, but the process is hard.

The key verse in my devotion this morning is I Peter 5:10 "And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast."

No comments: