Sunday, December 10, 2006

A Gentle Reminder

This morning at church, Stephen Johnson spoke. He is to be our new associate pastor. He is a young, gifted, Bible-believing man. This was the second time I have heard him speak, and both times I have felt that his message was meant for me. The first time he spoke, he taught from the book of John. John is my favorite.

Today Steve spoke about Mary being told that she would be with child before her marriage to Joseph. In true humbleness Mary said, "I am the Lord's servant, May it be to me as you have said." She showed no concern for her own well being or desire. She allowed God's will to come over her as if it were a covering for all that might go wrong when others heard the news that she was with child. In those days, women who were found to be with child could face being stoned to death or sent away from their home. Mary did not question God's will or her safety, but simply submitted herself to God's will knowing that God would provide a way.

This spoke volumes to my heart. Tomorrow we are facing another court date. For anyone who has been following our story, you know that we are waiting to see if Hazel and Emilly will be sent to live with their maternal grandfather. Our case will be back in front of the same judge who opened the door to possibly allow the girls to be taken. DSS is hoping for a continuance tomorrow, but I can say that I am waiting to see what God is going to do. Whether our deliverance comes through a judge in whom I have no faith or whether it comes later in a judge of good repute. God can work through anyone. He does not need ideal circumstances to work through. So, I am patiently waiting to see how and when He will be revealed.
Holy God, today I want to praise you for what you are and will do in our lives. Reveal your plan for our lives as you see fit. I trust that You love us and that You will keep us safe. I give you my all. May it be to us as You see fit. I love you, Father!

No comments: