Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Spring Delights

What a delight to see the first signs of spring all around. It is my favorite time of the year! Everything is new and fresh. The birds seem almost as excited about the coming season as I do. My soul is invigorated with their songs of praise to their Creator.

God is alive and working in our midst. I have seen His hands in so many ways this past week. Yesterday He held our friend as her husband left his earthly wears and stepped into his heavenly wears. Today he touched another friend who is struggling with leukemia. Our friend was too sick to move. Today he is talking, laughing and enjoying more things. Oh, isn't He wonderful? Last week we saw God move in our lives. He has set a judge on the bench this week who is a Christian. His rulings are trustworthy and we are thankful that we have a man whom we can trust.

Great are the works of the Lord; they are pondered by all who delight in them. Glorious and majestic are his deeds, and his righteousness endures forever. He has caused his wonders to be remembered; the Lord is gracious and compassionate. Psalm 111:2-4

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't God wonderful??!!! How can anyone doubt His presence when His beautiful handiwork is all around. I love spring - It reminds me of all the blessings God has given me. And one of His "little blessings" is our friendship, which He has blessed greatly. I thank Him for our friendship always. The beauty of spring makes me realize how much God loves us - to give us such beauty and then to realize this is just a mere sample of what awaits us in heaven for all eternity. Isn't that exciting??
I will be praying for you Thursday during the hearing. I will pray that God will give the judge wisdom and discernment in all his decisions. Thank you for sharing your first spring pictures with me. They are beautiful!! LOVE YOU MY FRIEND!!